Tuesday, July 2, 2019

State Of The Toes Address

Salutations|!

So... Albeit I see my gnarly feet everyday, it wasn't until about two weeks ago that I REALLY looked at a couple of toes that have been bothering me.

Back in the day, when all this arthritis started and despite a letter from my lawyer, two General Practitioners, two Rheumatologists (one, they picked) and 3 physio therapists, plus body scans and blood analysis... the insurance company wasn't wanting to pay out a long term disability claim if they didn't have to or could make me give up. That's what they want, is for you to feel there's nothing left you can do but that. Hell, one of my Aunt's worked for an insurance company and calling to ask her if what this insurance company was putting me through was at all 'normal' or even legal? And she told me to give up. She told me to stop fighting and just let their system work... My own Aunt... Who worked for a completely different company... I told her, 'No, you're wrong, I won't give up, because my own soul tells me this isn't right'. That and my lawyer took my case 'pro bono'.. A lawyer NEVER takes a case 'pro bono' unless they know it's a 'win' and with my broken body at the time, I was a 'win'.

So I used to send the insurance company photos of newly involved maddeningly swollen joints... They never replied... I didn't expect them to. I had the record the email was sent... If they deleted it or read it and kept it, whatever, I just wanted the record out there that I was giving them visual proof.

So, like a lot of things in my life, I like to document it. This is why I have this 'ego'.. I've had a camera following me around when we were babies until almost our teens and then from like 20 on wards.
In Dreamkick Pete's camera was always there, then out West a lot of that was well documented... and then in 2006 I found YouTube and started throwing my life up there for my friends and family out East to see and now it's done so my friends out West and around the World can check in on me. I also gained some long time subscribers who are still with me today.

So, warning, I mean, it's not that shocking, but if you don't like to look at feet. LOL don't watch it.

I know, I look dorky in that screen grab, it was that or a pic of my toes...


And here's a couple of bands that 'popped' into my head that I hadn't listened to in quite a while....

Ever heard of 'The Eels'? Some may have, from college radio back in the day. I found them through a 'gift pack' from Interscope records after Mike and I worked with Marilyn Manson in 1997... Was a cool quirky band, an odd album, but had some great tracks, 'Novocaine For The Soul' being the best.


These guys, Soul Asylum had been around since 1981 before they hit it 'big' with their album 'Grave Dancers Union' in 1992 - they had 5 albums out before that album hit like a shot to the charts Great band, still alive to this day.

2 comments: