Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Happy Dang Spring!

Although 'technically' it's not officially Spring until 9:30PM tonight or something like that.


On the Gregorian calendar, the Northward equinox can occur as early as 19 March or as late as 21 March at Greenwich. For a common year the computed time slippage is about 5 hours 49 minutes later than the previous year, and for a leap year about 18 hours 11 minutes earlier than the previous year. Balancing the increases of the common years against the losses of the leap years keeps the calendar date of the March equinox from drifting more than one day from 20 March each year.

The March equinox may be taken to mark the beginning of spring and the end of winter in the Northern Hemisphere but marks the beginning of autumn and the end of summer in the Southern Hemisphere

All I can say is, finally. Although I will admit and as you can see by the videos it's getting nicer.....


Or it was....
10:32 AM ADT Wednesday 20 March 2019
Special weather statement in effect for:

Fredericton and Southern York County
Rain, snow and strong winds are forecast for Friday.

A low pressure system is expected to form off the United States eastern seaboard and track northeastward towards the Maritimes on Friday. The system could bring a mix of rain, snow and strong winds to the province beginning Friday morning into Saturday. The precipitation could be heavy at times.

At this time, there is considerable uncertainty in the track and timing of this low which will affect the amount and type of precipitation expected.

Must be a latent St. Patrick's day storm..... And it's throwing a wrench into my plans for the rest of the week.
Seeing as Thursday can be as bad as today (Wednesday) after taking my dose of methotrexate, I was planning on laying low until Friday, as earlier in the week it was like a 30% chance of rain or flurries and a high of like +4/+6... So now i'll have to get out tomorrow. I've got a watch, I've had it for years, but the 'pin' broke and the batteries dead and my fingers are too fucked up to mess with that shit, so I'm gonna go to a jewelers and get it back in working order. 

If it's sunny out where yer at? Get the fuck out there, yer pale as fuck!. So here's some annual 'Springtime videos'
Metallica
'Lords of Summer'


Ghost
'Here Comes The Sun' - Beatles cover


Rites of Spring
'Drink Deep'


 I was gonna write more but I think my bucket is calling. Might even take my bucket outside and get some Sun... Have a great one peeps...

No comments:

Post a Comment