Saturday, January 27, 2018

The Super Marvel Flops

The other week, while lamenting about the horrible, horrible trailer I saw for 'Alita - Battle Angel' -See this blog entry, but be sure to return to finish reading this one, it's important: http://dmonix777.blogspot.ca/2018/01/bad-news.html - I had written about a 'Captain America' movie that was made that barely a soul knows about. It was done in 1990 and directed by guys you've never heard of... I mean, i called it a 'flop' because I was going by what I've always read about this 'movie'...
According to Wikipedia in the 'Reception' category it states: "In one of the few contemporaneous reviews, Entertainment Weekly critic Frank Lovece wrote, "The movie isn't merely wrong for kids – it opens in pre-war Italy with a sequence in Italian with subtitles, and a machine-gun slaughter – it's just all wrong", and decried the "shapeless blob of a plot" in grading the film "F""
I mean I didn't know about THAT quote until about 10 minutes ago, but I knew, it was a flop, that's the point. Marvel's had a couple of these. This Cap movie, the first 'Punisher' movie and a made for television FOX TV production of 'Nick Fury' which I actually had a hand in the making of (We got to work with David Hasslehoff, who was a great guy, but man, did that Nick Fury show ever suck, I've actually got a copy of it, I know!)
But I decided to search out this infamous Captain America movie made in 1990 and I found it! AND I'm about to watch it! I dunno, just from this screen capture I found, I think it's going to pretty much say it all:
But be sure to check back and get my review of however this turns out to be.... It should be hysterical if anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment