Wednesday, January 24, 2018

After Ice Storm 2018!

Well we didn't get the storm Quebec got, but we did get about 4 hours of ice and pellets and then rain.
I had hoped the mild temps and rain would clear off the sidewalks and streets... No such luck. McLeod drive by me, the sidewalks were sheer ice. I had to shuffle along until I got to a driveway and then walked up the road the rest of the way to Beaverbrook. I even asked a lady on the other side from where I was walking if there was ANY salt or sand down on that side and she just told me to stick to walking on the road, that it was "safer".
I made a bit of a video *actually along the same stretch that I had made after the last ice storm*. I would have taken some footage of the extreme ice on McLeod but well it was really safety over video for that.
Temps are gonna plummet over the next two days, but then we'll get some nice mild temperatures for a few days at least.... I think, jeez, I think this Winter isn't as bad as last as far as storms, This one had the polar vortex invasion but we had at least two encounters with the vortex last Winter.
Only 36 days until Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment