Wednesday, October 30, 2019

6:06 A.M.

How are you supposed to sleep when both of your hips are screaming in red hot pain?

My hips have bothered me on and off through this arthritic journey. They've not been my biggest issue, but having a fucked up walking gait and compensating for one bad foot over the other has taken it's toll.

Around 2004, my then rheumatologist told me that by the looks of my feet, knees and hips I'd be permanently confined to a wheelchair in a matter of years.
When I first saw her around the Fall of 2001, I was still in the wheelchair from the rapid onset of psoriatic arthritis that was destroying my feet, heel to toe.
Once I had been diagnosed and was receiving proper medications, in conjunction with going to physio therapy 3 days a week, we'd managed to get the wild uncontrolled inflammation under control, but my disease process was so intense that that's what led my rheumatologist to make that shocking statement about being confined to a wheelchair.... It's 2019 and I've been 'lucky' that my hips HAVE held up on me this long.

Likely one of the most frightening times in my life were those first months when my feet got so bad I did fear losing the ability to stand.
It was a very very humbling experience at age 26 to wind up in that wheelchair, to go from standing and being in really quite decent health to a wheelchair in only a matter of months was a mind fuck....

Anyhow, I've got some really, really great 'shatter' gummies. ... I think its going to be a gummy day. It's also 'Methotrexate Wednesday', so the day was a write off anyhow.
Maybe this pain is due to the incoming storm that's aimed to hit us by early tomorrow morning , I don't know,  but this ain't a fun time.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment