Friday, August 30, 2019

Where's My Dang TOOL?! .... Wait a minute...

So yeah, it's my own decision, but I've never had credit cards, does it make some things inconvenient? Yes...

So I had a gift card for Amazon and when I saw the new TOOL album was available on Amazon I thought to meself, 'Meself, you can use the gift card and then cover the rest with PayPal'... But nope.. Amazon don't use PayPal....

TOOL is an odd duck, they JUST put up their catalog of albums digitally... Unlike a lot of bands, they were not selling the album on their own website.. Sure sure their social media pages had links to Amazon and Apple and some other shit sites, but the TOOL band website was barely updated... And after listening to Maynard talk in a few interviews I got the feeling these guys just don't have their shit together... A promise of vinyl versions was suggested, but I ain't seen the album on vinyl yet (Really I'd love to get 'Undertow' and 'Ænima' and '10,000 Days' on vinyl, that'd be kick ass)....

So, in somewhat of a panic I needed to figure out where I could get the new TOOL album and then it dawned on me.... Backstreet Records!!
And so I called Eric and asked if he could order it in for me and he most certainly did...

After I had placed my order, in fact later that day, I began to see reports that the pre-order for the deluxe super duper CD version of the album had sold out, this set in motion the thoughts of, 'will I get the album the day it comes out?' and ABSOLUTELY nothing on Eric here... All he can do is order it, he can't make it arrive any quicker or ship on any date. He's a passenger just like me....

Now, sure, I can go on Youtube right now and probably listen to the entire album.. But I ain't gonna do that.
I've heard the title track, some clips of other tracks... But I'll maintain, I'll have some discipline for once and wait this out..

I think......


No comments:

Post a Comment