Sunday, April 14, 2019

How Many Chipmunks Are There? Remember the Band The 'Asexuals'?

OK, you all have been great, so I won't torture you with a video today.

So, if you've been following the story since this end of Winter/Spring 2019, you know that I've debated with myself over just how many chipmunks I was encountering. First 1, then 2, then 1, then possibly 3, then back to 2 and then down to 1 chipmunk....

I'm now positive there are two. The one out back I had commented that it seemed quite undernourished and tiny, while the one on my steps, in the driveway is bigger, brave and trusting.

After hanging with Scott and Andrea I came home and decided to go out back. I had not run into the one out front that I called 'Lil Guy' (although I've caught myself calling him 'Buddy' and also, last evening's video confirmed he's male.. No nipples everywhere!), he never showed, so I popped my head around back, fuck it's a disaster, with the snow going, it's even worse, BUT, I did find out that over Al Hovey's place two doors down that their yard is destroyed too. Scott and Andrreas didn't look too bad... Anyhoo! So there, over by that hole I had found in the Winter, was this cute little chipmunk.and it's a she and I know it's much smaller than 'Lil Guy'. I felt kinda bad, see, this one out front, this began by me seeing him come from along front of the house and towards my steps.. So at first I thought it was a new chipmunk, because it was bigger, then it dawned on me that it might be the one from out back coming around... And then, well 'Lil Guy' is out there just about every time I step outside, so I just figured that the one from out back had 'moved' it's den or made an addition or stash house over in the field.. But now I feel I've been neglecting the poor one out back haha and really I can't become to emotionally invested in these creatures, because they can be gone any day due to many dangers for them. But they are cute rodents lol.


While labeled as a Hardcore Punk band from Beaconsfield, their later material was more more melodic and 'Pop' sounding that Hardcore Punk. Like today we'd call this Alt-Rock, Post Punk, but hopefully to new ears, it'll sound as great as it do for me when I first heard.

I saw them play in Fredericton a few times and even put the boys up on the floor of the apartment that former Wasteland Zombies guitarist Rich O'Neil rented together.

I didn't like a lot of more popular Canaidnan Rock, Pop-Punk groups popular through the mid to late 80's and in the early 1990's.
I was a huge Tragically Hip fan, which I know is blasphemy to say as a Canadian, but it's true. They do have a few songs I do really love and I did own 'Fully Completely', mostly for the songs, 'Courage' 'Looking For A Place to Happen', Hundreth Meridian, Locked In The Trunk of a Car and they had a few other songs I did like. But like with World Rock, I preferred the maybe up and coming and definitely new bands.
Blind Melon, Nirvana, KYUSS (who never really ever blew up big time, themselves, but they are the seed of Queens of the Stone Age_

ANyhow! haha.. Asexuals! Great band. Great guys.

Exile From Floontown
Asexuals


Sorry no lyrics for ya's.... Why is the printing so small, there we go!

New Brunswickers, loads of rain a coming! Low lying areas people.. brace for flooding!

No comments:

Post a Comment