Sunday, May 3, 2015

The 43rd Year

Well my friends, it's been an awfully long time since I've visited my "blog". I think around the time I had started this page on Blogger.com, I had just been introduced and pressured, badgered into joining Facebook. I had tried at length to stay away from Facebook. I had this page, MySpace and the tail ends of the websites I had maintained since around 2000. Now I find myself bored, overwhelmed sometimes sicked, sometimes embarrassed by the inundation of information, the bragging, the lies, the deceit, the two facedness of Facebook (I know two facedness is not a word). The joy, the surprise, the anger, the friendships, the guilt, the sin, the modest and the meek.
Facebook is also somewhat of a necessity, volunteering at the college/community radio station as Music Director, the resurrection of the heavy Metal radio show the 'Crazy Train' and of course the reunion of the band I was part of during the mid 1990's 'The Wasteland Zombies' all require a certain amount of exposure, promotion. I guess, a necessary evil. So I'm trying to stay away. To keep from facebook as often and as long as I can. But with several Zombies shows coming up and the guys in the band, most of them, well all of them except one do not even use FB, the one that does, isn't quite computer savvy, so I couldn't leave it up to him to maintain what needs to be done.
With all this being said, well it's time to be return here. I'm not sure how often I'll get here, but I'll try to post. Try to enlighten, to educate to understand. As the title of the blog says, "There's No Way Back From Here"...

No comments:

Post a Comment