Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring, but delayed

This North and North West wind that's been blowing almost steady for the last 48hours is really buming out my Spring. It had got so nice, then about 2 days ago this wind came up. Day temps were said to be about +4 but with this wind, they dropped to well below Zero... Today I had got up early, rarin to go, I knew it'd be cold and windy out, so I dressed what I thought was suitable. Set out to go to the bank and had turned back about halfway to Regent.... Came home, bundled up some more and took Alita out instead. I just have to get some paperwork from the Bank and then i can open my membership at the Y and get swimming and to the gym. After my walk with Alita, my left knee (which had been bugging me when I had got up) and my ankles felt like they were going to give out on me.
So I crashed for the afternoon. It was just a tiny bit warmer when i got up, but just took Alita out for a short walk and then had supper. So tomorrow, as long as it isn't as ridiculous as this morning was, I'll get the banking done and get to the Y. I probably wont start gym work, until I can book my one free training session and get an idea of what would be good for me to do as a routine. I don't want to "bulk up" or anything, just some basic range of motion exercises. Swimming,  I can do some pool exercise and it'll have some good passive resistance.
Coming up on the 13th of April is the 1 year anniversary for the Doug's Fight benefit that was held for my old bandmate and good bud Doug Gibbon. He beat his battle with cancer and is tomorrow even returning back to his old job. So there can't be much more fantastic news than that. It'll be cool to see some of the old |Dreamkick guys and fans. The Oromocto and surrounding area probably held our biggest fan base. I'm quite lookin forward to the show. Doug's band 'Alter Ego', will be playing. In that band are of course Doug and Peter Gillies whom I played in Dreamkick with and their drummer is Glenn Brown, who was our drummer in the Wasteland Zombies.
Other than that, i wait for warmer weather and for Summer to come. Quite stoked. Things are kinda looking up...
 Added in some recent pix of Demon Kitty 'Elsa', She kitty of the MM





No comments:

Post a Comment